About Our Work
Dream of Detroit is combining community organizing with strategic housing and land development to build a healthy community and empower our neighborhood on the Westside of Detroit.
Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far:
- 8 homes successfully rehabbed and three more in progress.
- 20+ parcels owned by DREAM or community members.
- 50 graduates from our Entrepreneurship Training Program.
- 114 trees planted throughout our neighborhood.
- More than 350 volunteers engaged in 5 years.
- 2,000 attendees at our 2018 DREAM Street Fair.
- Featured in local and national media: The Nation, The Detroit Free Press, The Guardian, WJR NewsTalk, Sapelo Square, AltMuslim, Mad Mamluks, Diffused Congruence.
- Member of Detroit LIVE FREE and the Coalition to End Unconstitutional Tax Foreclosures, with partners throughout the neighborhood and across the country.
Nearly 10 Homes Rehabbed
“The True Life that God wants for all people—not one people—their true life is a life of cooperation… Community Life!” – Imam W.D. Mohammed